Careers inand Data Science are lucrative and in demand. With an estimated shortfall of over 200,000 data analysts and data scientists in India by 2018, the time is right for technology professionals to upgrade their competencies to make the most of this opportunity.
You are expected to satisfy the following pre-requisites:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics/Statistics with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or equivalent.
- Programming experience – preferably in Python, Java or C++.
- Familiarity with college-level mathematics and statistics.
For this you can go for PGP-BDA, the Great Learning’s Post Graduatewhich is an exhaustive course that trains candidates in data science, machine learning, data visualization and an industry driven hands-on immersion in Big Data Technologies.
since this program is designed for technology professionals looking to work hands-on with a range of Big Data and analytical tools and techniques most valued by the industry, you are required to have at least 2 years of programming experience. This may be in any programming language and not necessarily in Python or R, but having experience in these languages is an added plus.
Upon completion of this program, you will be able to make or enhance your career in the burgeoning field of Big Data Analytics program. Among the careers that this course will be instrumental to is:
- Data Scientist
- Big Data Engineer or Data Engineer
- Sr. Software Engineer – Big Data
- Hadoop/Spark Engineer
- Big Data Solutions Architect
- Software Engineer – building applications on Big Data platforms
- IT consultants – focus on Big Data technologies
- Data Analyst (often a stepping stone towards becoming a Data Scientist)
* You are required to have at least 2 years of demonstrated programming experience